If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts,
liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. ~Andrew Carnegie
Meditation: What’s that noise in your head (repeat as I believe our thoughts are still hanging out in our heads)
Affirmation: I deserve all that is good. I release any need for misery and suffering.
Pilates: Single Straight Leg Stretch
Some of you are interested in exercise goals. I always encourage gradually easing into it including the time that it takes you to do it. Also, schedule the exercise goal in your schedule and on your calendar with reminder alerts.
- Set 1-2 exercise goals. For example:
I will walk for 15 minutes 2 days a week starting October 1, 2016 at 6:00 am (Gradually building up to 20 minutes 3 days a week, etc.)
OR a bigger goal
I will take a one-hour hot yoga class Tuesday and Thursdays at 6:00pm starting November 1, 2016
- Commit to exercising 2-5 times a week for at least 15 minutes and put it on your calendar today!
- Plan your exercise goal at a time that works best for your schedule, even if you have to get up earlier in the morning to do it. You’re worth it.
- When you are approaching your hour of exercise, do not check e-mails, phone messages or attend to others’ needs until you have completed your workout.
- Plan to put your clothes out and visualize your results the night before.
Here is a Goal Setting Worksheet to help you get started on an exercise goal but you can use it for any goals.